Sunday, March 5, 2017

What I'm Reading Now -- Say When

Part of the book-moving project involves sorting through my mountains of books in an effort to get rid of the ones I have decided I am never going to read.  (For example, I'm entirely unsure why I have so much John Irving.)  S is participating in this project, saving some books from resale that I have no intention of reading, and inquiring whether I really need two copies of The Mayor of Casterbridge.  Answer: yes.

One of the books I decided to keep which he wanted to get rid of is Elizabeth Berg's Say When.

I've had one prior experience with Elizabeth Berg, having read her book Range of Motion.  It was some time ago, and though the story was sad, I recall enjoying it.  Hence my unwillingness to toss Say When without at least giving it a chance.

Plus, I can call it research for my work.


1 comment:

  1. I really liked Range of Motion, too. I read another one (or two?) of hers and didn't like them as much. But then, I've never been the type to read someone's entire oeuvre because I liked one, for the particular reason that I typically end up disappointed by the rest. (...I am, however, currently reading Antoine Laurain's third book, and thoroughly enjoyed the first two [obviously], so maybe I need to rethink my stance on this.)

    PS: I LOVE PARASOLS. And now I have one. Thanks, M & S!

    ReplyDelete