Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows -- Take 2

I finished it! I will avoid saying too much about the book and the ending, so I don't spoil it for anyone. But I can say that there was quite a finale. Lots of those lingering mysteries are finally (thousands of pages later) explained. And, while some of the explanations seem a bit contrived, they are satisfying nonetheless.

There is something bittersweet about reaching the end of a series of this length. It just seems like there should be more, somehow. I've been reading Harry Potter for probably 8 years, and now there are no more. But on the bright side, there are still two movies to come out, and this will free up my reading time for new stuff! And if I really get sad about it, I could always start over at the beginning....

No comments:

Post a Comment