Tuesday, March 23, 2010

What I Watched -- Anatomy of a Murder

An old courtroom classic! The summer before I started law school, the admissions office sent out a "Suggested Reading List." There were a number of books on it, including To Kill A Mockingbird (which I STILL haven't read), Gideon's Trumpet (which I read), and Anatomy of a Murder (which I also read). I never watched the movie though.

Then, in Legal Pro during my second year of school, we watched a clip from the movie, as an example of questionable ethics. I passed the MPRE, so I must have learned something from Paul Biegler, but I still never watched the rest of the movie.

Until last week. I picked it up at the library, and I feel that I should warn you about something: it's a marathon of a movie. 2 hours and 40 minutes, to be exact. But it's pretty quick, and definitely entertaining, especially if you're interested in the (sometimes ridiculous) legal aspects of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment