Wednesday, March 3, 2010

What I Watched -- (500) Days of Summer

This was a cute movie. Kind of sweet, kind of funny, kind of sad. Not a lot happens, but the plot is kept interesting because you're moving back and forth through their relationship; things are not linear, but at least they make it clear to you (by identifying the day by number, 1-500) where in the relationship you are.

The end felt a little untied; Summer does a total 180-degree turnaround, for which no explanation was ever given. But I guess that's how things go in life sometimes. And since the movie wasn't really about her, it was about Tom, what happened to her wasn't really the point. It's Tom you're cheering for at the end.

1 comment:

  1. I just (finally) listened to the NPR stories listed to the left. I enjoyed them! They made me feel better about my idiocy as a teenager, too :)

    ReplyDelete