Friday, May 20, 2011

52 Weeks of Dresses, Week 4

Last night it was my turn to take T out on a date.  It's restaurant week this week and I'm a big fan of supporting such ventures (especially since they've teamed up with the Wounded Warrior Project), so off we went to Charlie Gitto's for some good old-fashioned Italian food.


Despite the fact that it was available to us, I was overwhelmed by the choices on the full menu.  I stuck with the restaurant week menu, and got the calamari, chicken pasta, and chocolate and hazelnut gelato.  It was a lot of food!  I probably didn't even eat a quarter of my pasta - and that was just what I had.  T got the toasted ravs, lasagna (which was seriously rich), and raspberry and lemon sorbet.

Oh, and we had a half bottle of the Santa Margherita pinot grigio.  The half bottle of wine was a brilliant idea, by the way.  I think all restaurants should have them available.  Sometimes it's just the right amount - the baby bear of wine options!

4 comments:

  1. I agree about the half bottles. J orders half-pints of beer at restaurants, not because she is a baby, but because she likes her beer cold :-) It was because of this that I learned you can order one pretty much anywhere! And I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good idea - I never do that. I may have to start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME idea! Go J!!!
    Yay for cold beer :)
    your Irish/German momma
    (how could I miss???)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom's an alkie. (Can you be an alkie if you don't drink?) :-)

    ReplyDelete