Sunday, May 1, 2011

52 Weeks of Dresses - Week 1

Upon seeing this post, T asked me if I had actually worn the red dress anywhere yet.  Answer: no.  So he decided I needed a date worthy of the dress.  That's happening this weekend, and I'm not sure of all the details yet, so the story will have to wait.

But, in thinking about that, we hatched another plot involving my many dresses: 52 Weeks of Dresses.

It is what it sounds like.  Basic rules include going somewhere once per week to which I get to wear one of my many dresses.  (I don't actually have 52, but I do have a number that is embarrassingly close to that, and by the time the year is out, I probably will have scrounged up a few more.)  I'm not going to be super serious about sticking to the once per week rule, just because I travel a lot so some weeks it will be hard to make it happen (dresses at regattas don't really work out too well).  But maybe some weeks there will be more than one dress-worthy event; it doesn't have to be fancy to be dress-worthy.  Really it just has to be somewhere other than my house.

Take Friday, for example.  I wore the same pink dress I wore to the screening of Bhutto that I went to with L, only without the black button-down over it. (Sorry, we forgot to actually take a  picture when we were out that night, although I will make a point to do that in the future.)

On the agenda was dinner with two of T's friends at a place on Olive called Kim Son (which doesn't appear to have its own website).  We started off with spring rolls and crab rangoon, which were good but not the best I've had.  Then I had my first genuine bowl of pho, the traditional Vietnamese soup, and it was delicious.  I had the beef version.  It's like the soup version of the DIY spring rolls I like so much at Mai Lee.

So, there you have it: Week 1.  51 weeks to go or thereabouts, depending on my dress count.  And before you go there, let me answer the question for you: yes, we thought this one through.  What if this relationship doesn't make it 52 weeks (it is pretty new, after all)?  I guess that will be the end of this little adventure, unless I care to continue it on my own.  What if it lasts longer?  Well, I suppose I'll need more dresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment