Thursday, May 19, 2011

Let's go Cardinals!

Last night K and I took ourselves out to the ballgame.  We were a little late (okay, two and a half innings late) because we went for a ride on Grant's Trail after work, but we still managed to make it just in time for the action to start.  We decided the game was meant to be because my ticket had Adam Wainwright on it, and hers had Yadier Molina.  We all know how I feel about Adam Wainwright; K feels the same way about Yadi. Our seats weren't stellar, but they were good enough, especially since we got them cheap and last minute.

Things that were stellar: nachos grande (cheese, pulled pork, barbecue sauce; "Chips are really just forks"), chicken tenders.  We destroyed them.  As K so eloquently put it as we practically licked the cheap plastic containers: "Well, we're not anorexic."

We even managed to find street parking!  Practically a miracle!  The weather was lovely, the Cards brought home a win, the game was exciting (summary).  Brilliant idea, K!

5 comments:

  1. I'm going to a Durham Bulls game tonight, and will also be not-anorexic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to figure out when I can come visit this summer, and we should be not-anorexic then too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gotta keep you honest...we are not-anorexic most of the time, not only when plastic containers are involved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and, this was one of my favorite nights in recent memory despite the pukey-looking, dried bubble gum-y mess on the seat that was to be yours. That was not stellar. Good thing we were rebels and took two seats that weren't ours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm also not-anorexic all the time. But especially when nachos and funnel cakes are involved.

    ReplyDelete