Saturday, October 22, 2011

What I'm Reading Now -- Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil

Another book on audio!  I've apparently made a habit of breaking my one-book-at-a-time rule. I actually have this book in book form somewhere, but it's packed away in a box and I haven't gotten to those yet.  One of my book clubs is reading it this month, so I needed to get on it!  I went to my trusty library for the audio version.

So far, so good.  I'm only now getting to the meat of the story, but even up to this point, it has been interesting, full of little vignettes of quirky Southerners in all their charm and glory.  And then someone dies.  Cue the creepy music....

2 comments:

  1. I <3 this book. Partially because it's a good story, partially because it so beautifully captures how messed up (but fun and hilarious) the south is. Can't wait to hear your final evaluation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listened to this on one of our trips to Wyoming. I loved it too.

    ReplyDelete