Sunday, January 8, 2012

Calendars, This Year

As you will recall from last year (and the year before that), I love paper calendars.

Like anything, they're not perfect.  Their biggest drawback is that if you lose it, or even don't have it with you when you need it, there's no backup. You're out of luck.

Last year around this time, I was discussing my frustrations with using my Google calendar.  I think I've gotten those ironed out by virtue of my Android phone (although I do still miss my PinkBerry).  But irrespective of my now completely functional use of GCal, I still am not over the paper version.  I just love them!  Being able to follow your progress through the year, look back at what you've done, remember all the times you had to reschedule that lunch date....you get the idea.  Actually, there was a really great commentary recently on NPR making exactly that point.

Anyway, T and I were having dinner at Winslow's Home a while back when we saw this total awesomeness:


I was sort of mid-freak-out about lots of things in life, so he got it as a reminder for me.  And as you all know, I love...well, I probably don't have to say it again.  Until next year.

But since I'm now GCal-capable, I've decided to use it as sort of a daily to-do list.  Until now, I've kept both a big paper to-do list on a legal pad, as well as some broken-down versions of that list on my phone.  But I like the daily idea.  "Too much to do already today?  Move it to tomorrow."  (Actually, there's an app for that too, called Do It Tomorrow, but it limits you to only two days at a time, and I don't like that.)  "Need to remember to do it next week?  Go ahead and write it down."

Now hopefully, per my Goal #1, I can remember to use my nifty list-making skills properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment