Thursday, March 29, 2012

What I Watched -- Downton Abbey, Season 1

Technically I'm not actually finished with the whole first season of Downton Abbey; I still have one episode to go.  But I don't care because I love it!

Maggie Smith is hilariously British and fantastic as the Dowager Countess of Grantham, and I also really like Michelle Dockery and Jessica Brown Findlay as Lady Mary and Lady Sybil and Brendan Coyle as Bates.  Really though, the whole ensemble is quite good.

As of now, we're still pre-WWI at Downton.  Elsewhere in the outside world, politics are starting to shift and it won't be long before women have the right to vote.  Inside the abbey, the ladies of the house struggle to figure out their relationships and find the proper matches, while the servants fight their own battles against the position and each other.  Drama, drama everywhere, but in the most restrained way.

I can't wait to get started on season 2!

1 comment:

  1. 'Bout time you caught up with the rest of the clan. Now...on to Season 2! Then we will have lots to talk about. Even your dad likes this series.

    ReplyDelete