Saturday, June 9, 2012

Notes on Lunch

I made a delicious sandwich for lunch recently!  It had been a while since I'd been to the grocery store, so I was rifling through the fridge looking for mid-day meal candidates, and this is what I came up with:

On a bagel, start with a layer of cream cheese on the bottom.  Then a generous serving of roast beef, followed by horseradish (not too much - it's strong!).  Then I layered lots of fresh baby spinach over that.  On the top half of the bagel, I put a layer of Durkee's and then some English cheddar, and popped the top half in the oven for a couple of minutes to get the cheese all melty.  Smoosh it together, and there you go!  It was surprisingly and delightfully delicious.

On a different note, I've recently begun taking my lunch into our conference room and eating there, away from my computer.  What a nice change!  It's quiet, which I generally appreciate, but it's also free from distractions.  A little me time in the middle of the day.  Know what I'm doing with it?  Reading a book!  A real book with paper pages! (Yes, the old-fashioned kind.)  And I'm making actual progress!  Brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment