Thursday, May 31, 2012

What I'm Reading Now - MWF Seeking BFF

For some time now, I've been trying to force myself to get out and meet new people, which is a hard thing for an introvert like me to do.  It's no secret that many of my friends are in a different stage of life than I am. While I still love them all dearly, I am feeling rather lonely.  Hence my search for additional acquaintances who might one day become friends.

Imagine my surprise when I was working at my bookstore a couple of weeks ago and saw a book (not quite aptly) titled MWF Seeking BFF: My Yearlong Search for a New Best Friend.

I'm through the introduction and first chapter, and so far I both love and hate the author.  Love: when she lived in New York, Rachel and two of her friends started a book group.  They were each responsible for bringing two others into the group.  If anyone left, they'd bring in someone else - always nine.  Hate (and I'm paraphrasing for the sake of brevity): "I may discover at the end of this year that I don't have time for new friends.  I'm married now."  Okay homegirl, your friends coming to this same conclusion is partially how you got into this predicament, so if you're going to have that attitude, why bother?

Regardless of the inanity of that particular comment, I'm hoping for some inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment