Monday, July 7, 2014

Dinner with K and A

Imagine my surprise when, out of the blue on the first night K was in town, I got a call from one of our high school coaches saying he was in town and asking me if I was free for dinner.  "Yes I am," I said enthusiastically, "and so is K!"  We ate at Roxane's, which has one of my all-time favorite salads, the grilled veggie salad.  So delicious.  I also got leftovers from both K (shrimp and grits) and A (chicken and waffles), because -- lucky for me -- I'm the only one who lives in town!

And of course, we all had to save room for a trip to Ted Drewes, because A doesn't get back to St. Louis all that often.

Much custard later, we bid adieu to A.  It was a lovely night and K and I had a couple of hours to kill before it was time to fetch E from the airport.  Where to go?  Bar Les Freres, that's where!  There was an empty table on the patio, and it was perfect for sitting and having a couple of cocktails and talking over the events of our lives.

4 comments:

  1. You might need to open Bar Les Soeurs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It truly was a lovely evening! You forgot to mention the glorious ride that you took in a Dodge Caravan to pick up a beautiful little lady at el aeropuerto!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And quite a Caravan it was! (Once you learned the buttons!)

      Delete