Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas Festivus, Part I

Yes, I realize that Christmas and Festivus are two different holidays. But for me, it seems appropriate to combine the two. No judgment.

The festivities have commenced! The mad cookie-baking started last weekend. So far there are 7-layer cookies (aka Santa Snacks), chocolate gooey butter cookies, cherry almond biscotti, molasses crinkles, and apricot squares. Still to be made are pfefferneusse cookies and rum balls. And anything else I can come up with :-)

I've also attended two high school celebrations. The first was the SJA chorus concert. It was a good show, and a few of the soloists were phenomenal. A lovely Sunday afternoon.

Last night, I went (along with K, A, and G&G) to the Dimensions Dance Center production of The Nutcracker at Clayton High School. There were a number of amusing technical glitches: someone knocked their champagne glass off the table; Clara's chair fell over; in the process of fixing it, she knocked over some trellis work; and there was a long, awkward, unexplained pause in the middle of the second act, where there were no dancers appearing on the stage. But there were a few really good dancers - the Arabian, the Russian, and of course the Sugar Plum Fairy - and it was enjoyable to watch.

I have a number of other activities coming up, and hopefully I'll have some pictures I can post!

2 comments:

  1. Okay...I hate to chide you in public like this, but you've forgotten the following things:

    1. the ENORMOUS pink tutu on the Sugar Plum Fairy.

    2. the WAY less than flattering costume on the mouse king...velour never did anyone any good.

    3. the ROUSING rendition of that amazing song that we sang in the car together...I can't remember which one it was, but we were really good at singing it.

    4. You also made sugar cookies.

    5. But you neglected to give me a sampling of EVERY kind of cookie that you made. Four out of six is simply not acceptable. Please drive over here in the snow with the missing samples, and try not to get blown off the road in the process.

    ReplyDelete