Monday, December 6, 2010

Unfortunate Changes

Over the last few years, I've noticed some unfortunate changes in myself. I blame them all - fairly or unfairly - on law school.

First: I have become a night owl. This is not something I'm happy about. I like going to bed; I look forward to it. But these days, I seem to be most productive beginning at about 9pm. I don't know why this is and I don't like it. But I know I have to take spurts of mad productivity where I can get them. So I give in, have a midnight snack, and keep on truckin'.

But do not confuse staying up late with sleeping in. I still have to get up early for rowing, but I go to bed later. I'll squeeze in a nap when I can, although that's unfortunately infrequent.

Second: I am perpetually late. This started my third year in law school and I hate it. In fact, I would like to use this forum to issue a blanket apology to all those people whom I have kept waiting. My sincerest apologies.

Second-and-a-half: See number 3.

Third: Wait, was was number three? Oh yeah - I have become super-forgetful. I used to remember everything, but now I can't remember my own name if I'm not carrying around my license. I think my recognition of this inconvenient trait goes hand-in-hand with number 2 because I tend to have things spring to mind right as I'm about to do something else. I know that if I don't do that something else now, I'll forget about it for days, and the consequences of that might be disastrous. But of course, doing that something else takes longer than I expect, so then I'm way late for the thing I was supposed to be doing in the first place.

Fourth: eh, nah. That's enough for you to criticize me about for now :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment