Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Festivus, Part V

What a day yesterday! The weather was perfect, for a Christmas day - snowy and cold, but not too cold. There was cooking going on all day! Dad made braised lamb shanks. E made the butternut squash ravioli with sage butter, and I made the wilted spinach. I think I was mostly excused from cooking duties because I had already made so many cookies!



We took a break between dinner and dessert to open presents, which was great fun for everybody! There were so many!








I saved Little Women to watch today, mostly because I was exhausted by the day and K had appendicitis (or not, still TBD), which rendered her able only to get in bed. But I watched it this afternoon, and it was just as fantastic as I remember. Seriously. It is an awesome movie, if you're a girl who has sisters.

Oh, I almost forgot! Dad got a toy remote control helicopter from J&T for Christmas, which he was learning how to fly this morning. The dogs didn't quite know what to make of it, so they mostly stayed away. The light fixture, being a fixture, was unfortunately unable to vacate the premises.

All in all, it was a fantastic day (and following morning). Thanks everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment