Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Festivus, Part III

What have I done since last time? E and I spent Sunday afternoon watching The Polar Express which, if you haven't seen it, is an awesome movie. And then we decorated the tree! That was fun, and colorful, and tinsel-ful.

Then I made biscuits for the dogs for Christmas. I found a super-simple recipe online, and they seem to really like them! I halved the recipe, and I didn't have any spelt flour, so I used all whole wheat. And I had to add a little extra water. But you just mix, roll, cut, and bake. Easy as...dog biscuits.

Oh, and I realized looking back at my other posts that I think I forgot to mention two important things! First, I made sugar cookies too! Sugar cookies deserve special recognition because they are hard to make - all that rolling and cutting and re-rolling and re-cutting and chilling, etc. And then I iced them too, which is another challenge. And T was kind enough not to complain too much that I had them spread over the entire kitchen counter for two days!

Second, Dad and I went to the Yuletide Reflections concert at the Sheldon last Monday. It was a great concert - a small ensemble of musicians, and a choir of probably about 40. The Sheldon is a small venue, which adds a nice touch of coziness to the whole experience. It was awesome! I think I have a program for it somewhere still, but I'll have to find it and post it later.

And in case you're curious, this is the program from our trip to the symphony. Did I mention there was a sing-along?

P.S. I think this post gets the award for having the most labels so far. And it's not even that long of a post!

No comments:

Post a Comment