Wednesday, April 20, 2011

House of Wong

Today I finally saw N, for the first time in months!  I had a mid-day hearing (which I try to avoid), and he works right near the courthouse, so we headed out to lunch at House of Wong after I was finished.

Food was good: egg drop soup was egg-ier than you often find.  There was real thickness and flavor to the broth, rather than the watery vegetable broth grossness you often get.  And the cashew chicken was chock full of...wait for it...cashews!  Who'd have thought?  Usually when you order cashew chicken, you get five cashew halves, three pieces of chicken, and lots of rice, carrots, and whatever that crunchy yellow stuff is (daikon?).  And there was some of that, but definitely more of the good stuff than I'm used to.

Also, it was great to catch up with N.  He's been quite busy with work and life lately, as have I, and I miss the old days when we got to hang out more.  (Some of you may even remember N and K's joint blog, which you should look at for old time's sake!  My favorite part is how there's a post from one month before the final words were said promising - and this time they mean it - that they're back.  I guess they were; they just didn't say until when.)

Anyway, it was good to see you, N!  Looking forward to the festivities!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you guys! And the food being yummy is an added plus! Love, Mom aka M

    ReplyDelete