Saturday, April 2, 2011

Kilkenny's

L and I finally managed to get together, after two weeks or so of trying to find a time that would work for both of us.  And we had a plan: J. Buck's for drinks!  It was opening day for the Cardinals, so I figured there would be lots of revelers, and boy was I disappointed.

Not in the overall lack of people at the bar, but in the mood.  Rather than find red-clad baseball fans, I found an overwhelming number of Washington University alumni.  Bar closed for a private event.  Boo hiss.

We were left to wander the streets of Clayton, and found ourselves at Kilkenny's.  And frankly, my Smithwick's was probably just as satisfying as a whiskey sour would have been anyway, so take that, J. Buck's!

3 comments:

  1. cute sweater, girlfriend!
    xo
    Mom
    Hi L! So glad you two got together! Wish I were there :)
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was there when you bought this sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wear it a fair amount, although I think it's getting too warm. We shall see; maybe we'll have another freak snow storm.

    ReplyDelete