Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Quote of the Day

Where are the hopes?  Where are the dreams?
My Cinderella story scene?
When do you think they'll finally see?

That you're not, not, not gonna get any better,
You won't, won't, won't, you won't get rid of me, never.
Like it or not, even though she's a lot like me,
We're not the same.

And yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm a lot to handle,
You don't know trouble, I'm a hell of a scandal.
Me, I'm a scene, I'm a drama queen,
I'm the best damn thing that your eyes have ever seen.
  -- Avril Lavigne, The Best Damn Thing

[I feel like there are going to be questions about this one, so I'll try to head them off at the pass: sure, I suppose I could have made this the song I'm loving today.  But I'm not crazy about the whole thing, though I do - against my better judgment - love Avril Lavigne.  (Go ahead, judge me.)  I like some of the melody of this particular song, and mostly I love the awesomeness that she sees in herself and so unabashedly expresses, despite her flaws.  Girls need cheerleaders, even if they come in the form of twenty-somethings still suffering from teen angst with pink streaks in their hair.  So there.]

1 comment: