Monday, April 25, 2011

Who Loves Chris Carpenter?

Hint: it's the same girl who is not a big fan of Ryan Franklin.

L and I were debating the values and risks of Mr. Carpenter's remaining pitching career at the game on Saturday, which T was kind enough to get us tickets to, although it was actually L's idea.  But everyone was kind enough to give me all the tickets that had my boyfriend Adam Wainwright on them! (Get well soon, Adam!) In case you're interested, you can see Adam here, here, here, and even here (if you scroll down). [Dad, check out those last two.  No, really.]

The four of us were rather amused by the dude in front of me who, after I accidentally kicked his chair once while crossing my legs, turned around and instructed me in no uncertain terms to stop kicking his chair.  Sorry dude.  Except then his wife draped her fat arm all over T's water bottle!  "Excuse me, ma'am?  Could you please keep your keep your oversized body parts to yourself?  Thanks."  But we didn't say that.

We were beset by a minor rain delay, but were able to sit in the Redbird Club and stay dry. The real problem was Ryan Franklin.  He gave up three runs in the top of the eighth, and we lost 5-3 (game summary). Despite my first game of the season being a loss, it was a ton of fun! Hopefully it'll happen again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment