Saturday, April 30, 2011

Wouldst? Really?

I'm sure everyone with a predictive text-enabled smartphone has had one of these experiences.  I've had a few myself.  But today's concern is about auto correct and the built-in dictionary.

I had to add the following words, among many others, to my phone dictionary: atrium, babysit, bunnies, damn, decongestant, insecurities, it's (with a lowercase i!), khakis, kickball, lacrosse, megaphone, mimosa, muddling, pesto (which isn't even English, technically, so that makes sense), pigtails, pomegranate, procrastinating, regatta, rowers, snuggling, sunscreen, swat, tiramisu (ditto), winery, workhorse.

But my little phone dictionary will auto correct to words like wouldst and shan't.  Really?  It knows wouldst but not bunnies?

No comments:

Post a Comment