Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Butterfly House

T and I were out running errands on Sunday, and decided to swing by the Butterfly House, which I hadn't been to in years and years.


 

The Butterfly House is a satellite of the Missouri Botanical Garden (as is Shaw Nature Reserve, which itself I haven't been to since L came to town a couple years ago).  Anyway, the Butterfly House is beautiful (if somewhat warm), and there are butterflies all over the place!  Really, I was afraid I might step on one.

There's also a little outdoor garden, as well as some bugs (including roaches - ick!) in indoor terrariums (terraria?).  A nice outing on a lovely morning!

The garden

 Surrounded by butterflies...

 ...and sometimes they'll even come talk to you.

 The lovely habitat

Caterpillars are "the teenagers of the insect world," due to their voracious appetites.

The Butterflies in the Mist shot

No comments:

Post a Comment