Wednesday, May 16, 2012

What I Watched -- War Horse

I'm a sucker for movies about animals, especially dogs and horses.

It's for that reason that I decided to see War Horse, the film/play/book which has gotten so much press in the last year or so.  And I'm happy to say that the horse does not disappoint.  As for the rest of the movie?  It's pretty blah Disney stuff.

After the horse, my next favorite character is probably the other horse, followed by the Grandpa (played by longtime French actor Niels Arestrup), and then all the people who take care of the horse (including Tom Hiddleston).  (Are we noticing a theme here?)  Benedict Cumberbatch, who has a fabulous name but only a bit part which he handles as well as could be expected, has drawn attention lately as Sherlock Holmes in a new BBC series I'd like to check out.

Bottom line: no surprises - it's exactly the story you'd expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment