Friday, May 18, 2012

52 Weeks of Dresses -- Week 35

Otherwise titled: France and a Home Kitchen

Wednesday was a day of delicious food and long conversation!  First I had lunch with S at Cafe Provencal (where I went about a year ago for lunch with T).  S and I missed out on some of the cute French-ness of the place because we sat outside, but it was such a lovely day, it just couldn't be helped!  I had the very predictable choice of French onion soup, with their quiche du jour, which was bacon. (Can you go wrong with that?)

And dinner was a treat too!  Dad is in town for some stuff, so we went to dinner at a fairly new restaurant called Home Wine Kitchen.  Their menu changes weekly, and last night I had the chef's menu: an appetizer of pork belly, chicken cassoulet main course, and dessert of lemon and olive oil bread pudding.  It was delicious!


I'd like to go back there for No Menu Monday, where you can give a few pointers about what you like and don't like, and the rest is up to the chef.  They have one more interesting quirk: wine pricing.  Aside from their reserve list, all bottles are $30 and all glasses are $8.

1 comment:

  1. This wine kitchen sounds like a place I need to hit up

    ReplyDelete