Wednesday, May 23, 2012

What I'm Reading Now -- The Night Circus

I first heard about The Night Circus (by Erin Morgenstern) on a podcast I listen to, Books on the Nightstand, which I've mentioned recently.  It is early in the awards season for this book, but it won an Alex Award and expected to at least be nominated for others.

I'm listening to this one on audio as well.  The first thing I noticed about it is that the introduction portion (at least, what seems to be the introduction - more on that later) is in the second person, which is something you don't see very often.

Morgenstern's sentences are well-crafted and her words appear carefully chosen.  Sometimes they can be a little bit overly-flowery though, which is perhaps appropriate for a book about the circus but can be a little tiresome.

No comments:

Post a Comment