Monday, February 11, 2013

Dinner at Elaia

Dad was in town last week for some work stuff, and even though we had just spent six days together, we decided we could handle a little more.  We met up one night for dinner with one of the new kids in town: Elaia.  It is part of the duo Elaia & Olio, where the head chef is Ben Poremba of Salume Beddu fame.

Our dinner was delightful!  We shared charred haricot verts as a starter, then each had a small pasta plate: his was beef ragu, I had winter squash ravioli.  We both had the same main: Berkshire pork with - lemme see if I can remember - farro root mash and grilled onions.  I think?  I meant to write it down, but I've been busy, and their menu changes all the time.  In any case it was delicious!  Oh, and we shared the aforementioned carrot cake.

And the best part about it was that everyone was so nice.  You want a half-plate?  No problem.  Wine flight?  Sure.  Half a glass of wine?  You got it.  A starter as a small plate and a small plate as an entree?  Whatever you need.  It was, as Dad and I discussed, an experience in sharp contrast to the one we had at Little Country Gentleman a couple months back.

For their tasty eats, interesting wine list, and willingness to accommodate, I'll go back to Elaia.  In spite of their potentially good food, I won't be back to LCG ever.

1 comment: