Wednesday, August 24, 2011

52 Weeks of Dresses -- Week 14

Otherwise titled: St. Louis Gast Haus

I learned of the existence of St. Louis Gast Haus when I was investigating dinner options to go with K's Austrian/German themed birthday party.  An opportunity to go presented itself when a group that I'm part of arranged a dinner there on Monday night.


T and I went, and we met some strangers.  And it was an experience.  That's all I'm going to say about that.

As far as the food goes, it was good, but nothing particularly stood out as being awesome.  I got meat loaf with mashed potatoes and vegetables (a fairly neutral choice, I know).  Good, but nothing I couldn't make at home.  T got the three sausage plate (drie wurste teller); I don't do sausage, so I couldn't have made that one.  He was kind enough to share, and we independently came to the conclusion that two of the sausages were quite good, while the third was pretty bland.

Next time I want to have some food from the cold and dreary climes of the world, I'll hit up The Scottish Arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment