Friday, August 19, 2011

Roller Derby

I'm now a roller derby pro!

Okay, that's not actually true.  But I've been to two matches.  My first one was in Oakland in February, and I went again a month ago with T and R to see the Arch Rival Roller Girls play the Grand Raggidy All Stars.  R's wife plays for the Roller Girls, which made it even more fun than watching a bunch of random people to whom I had no connection.

 I feel the need...

...the need for speed.

And then I fall down.

 
R, being a good and supportive husband.

I've (clearly) been meaning to write this post for a while, but what spurred me was a round at trivia last night which was all about roller derby!  The losing trivia team each week gets to pick a topic for one round in the next week's trivia game, and (not surprisingly) one of the guys on this team plays for the Gatekeepers, a local team.

No comments:

Post a Comment