Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Kenny!

I realize that I've been using lots of exclamation points lately, but I've done lots of cool things! (!!!)  And K and I have discussed the importance of exclamation points, so I know she understands.

Anywho, way back before Seattle, all the way back in July, I went to see Kenny Chesney!  Can you believe that for all these years of loving country music, and all the other concerts I've been to, I've never been to see Kenny?  It was an abomination.  But it has been remedied, so you can breathe easier.


So, here was the deal: K had been in Florida for approximately 100 years, and was due to return to StL on the night of the concert at 10pm.  There was some behind-the-scenes conspiring going on between K and T, and I'm sitting at the show, listening to Billy Currington (one of the opening acts), and up walks K!

All I have to say about the concert is this: Kenny plays a frickin' awesome show.  His energy never flags, and even the slow or melancholic songs are still jamming, despite their beat and tone.  I totally get why he's won something like 1,496 Entertainer of the Year awards!  T says it's also awesome because he performs his songs just like he records them, which makes it more fun to sing along.  Probably true.

The set list from the show is available here.  The concert tour wraps on August 28, but if you have any chance at all to see the show before then, do it! (And tell me how the drive out of the parking lot is, because I don't remember.)

No comments:

Post a Comment