Wednesday, October 19, 2011

52 Weeks of Dresses -- Week 24

Otherwise titled: Wineries!

Can you believe that I've spent all this time in St. Louis and never been out to the wineries?  At least not for real.  I've ridden my bike past them, but I don't think that counts, for some reason.  We remedied that situation this past weekend, on a lovely, sunny, fall day.



We went to Montelle Winery for food and wine.  They have a lovely west-facing patio, where we enjoyed a thin-crust pizza and a wrap, as well as partial bottles of two of their wines - I think we settled on the River Country White and the Norton, although we debated for so long I can't even remember for sure.  Oh, and there were these amazingly delicious apple-pie-spiced pecans, which they have at Schnuck's!


After having a run-in with a very drunk woman there for her birthday, we went on a little driving tour of some of the other wineries in the area.  Blumenhof will probably be our next stop, whenever we get another nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment