Friday, October 7, 2011

What I Watched -- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2

It's the end of an era!  Kids everywhere have already quit reading, but now they may also quit going to movies.  Well, they actually probably quit going to movies 3 months ago when the movie came out, but I just saw it.  There are only two theaters still showing it, so we barely made it.  But we made it!

And it was a worthy venture.  The movie was well-made, and super dark, which I like.  (Yes, I probably should be in therapy.)  There were bits and pieces of the book that I had forgotten, but I was actually a little bit jealous of T, since he didn't know how the puzzle fit together.  To be sure, just watching the movie as enjoyable.  But I remember reading the book, and being eager to discover how it all played out.

Bottom line: if you can still find it in theaters, you should probably see it.  It's a worthy, if somewhat predictable, end to the Harry-and-Voldemort showdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment