Sunday, October 16, 2011

My Night in Paris...Almost

The theme of this weekend was great plans made and almost executed.  Which does not at all mean that it wasn't a great weekend!  It all started on Friday night...

First, Friday was going to be dinner with E and S, but E was not feeling so hot.  Then it was going to be dinner with L and L, but some out-of-town guests arrived, so that was off.  So it turned out to be dinner with ourselves.  Originally we were going to see Moneyball after dinner, and honestly I can't remember why we decided against that.  But I had wanted to see Midnight in Paris since about the second week it was in theaters.  Turns out that it's still in theaters!  Actually, only one theater.  But it's there!

Unfortunately we were running a little low on time, so we couldn't go too fancy (Chez Leon) or too far away (Franco) or anywhere we'd have to wait too long (Brasserie) for our Parisian dinner.  You can see how that severely limited our options.  We ended up at Roxane's in downtown Clayton.  Does that say, "Eclectic American Bistro?" you might ask?  In fact it does.  But we were there for the "Continental flair" added to the "classic Parisian cafe."  It was our best option.

Surprise: it was a pretty good one after all!  Our first decision: to watch the game or not watch the game?  Watch the game.  Second: what to drink? The list of martinis and cocktails is lots of fun.  I wanted one of almost everything, but limited myself to just a bellinitini (say that ten times fast after you've had a couple).  Look at the restraint I exercised!  Go me.

Third: food.  The menu isn't huge, but it's varied.  We had everything from jerk chicken wings to Thai calamari to French onion soup to lamb shanks (the special of the night).  The food wasn't great, but it was good.  The drinks were delish.

By the time we were finished with all that, though, we were full and sleepy and didn't really want to sit through the movie.  So, despite our good intentions, I still haven't seen it!  Probably one that I can wait on until the DVD is out, though.  But it was a fun night anyway, and now I've finally been to Roxane's!

3 comments:

  1. I want to see both of these movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you do, you'll have to tell me which one to see first!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen Paris twice, and Moneyball not even once, so you know which one has my vote --- AND Owen Wilson!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete