Monday, June 24, 2013

Insurgent -- Take 2

After a huge break about halfway through the book, I finally got back to Insurgent and finished it up last week.  It's the continuation of Divergent, and picks up the first one leaves off.

We left Tris as she struggled to prove herself in her new faction, Dauntless.  In Insurgent, the political structures of the country are in shambles (you'll have to read Divergent to find out why), and our heroine Tris discovers that there's a bit of secret information that's remained concealed.  Most of the book is her trying to discover where and what that information is.

I got through this with no problem, but I think I liked Divergent better.  I'm not sure when the third one is due out, but hopefully it'll get back on its game -- as it was with The Hunger Games: I loved first, was a bit bored with the second, and couldn't wait for the third.

No comments:

Post a Comment