Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Circus Flora

In the grand tradition of summer activities (2012, 2011, 2010), my cousin A and I went to see Circus Flora, St. Louis's own local show, earlier this week.  It came at the end of a long, hectic week, so unfortunately I didn't have the enjoyment of looking forward to it like I usually do.  But as soon as I got there, it was a blast!

This year's theme was "To the Moon," based on the 1902 Georges Melies short film Le Voyage dans la Lune (which also had a fairly central role in Brian Selznick's book The Invention of Hugo Cabret and the resulting film adaptation Hugo).


We were entertained by dogs, a horse and a miniature horse, goats, clowns, a rooster, a donkey, and all sorts of other fun.  Of course it wouldn't be a Circus Flora without the Flying Wallendas on the high wire and the Flying Pages on trapeze!  And - man! - you should've heard the women in the audience swoon when Andrew Adams of the Duo Ardeo shed his wizard's robe for his aerial routine.  It was quite a moment!

All in all, A and I had a great time, and everybody should go see the show before it's gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment