Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Game of Thrones

I've started watching Game of Thrones.  I wanted to read the books first (I usually do), but some fantasy-reader friends of mine warned me off the Game of Thrones books, saying that, if you aren't a big time fantasy reader, they can be a little overwhelming.  With all the weird names and made up places and people whose faces you can't even imagine, such a sprawling and unknown world can apparently be a little much.  "They did a great job with the show," they all said.  "Watch it first, and if you like it, come back and read the books later."

I like it.  HBO, as usual, has done a killer job with their original content.  I must watch more.

2 comments:

  1. Don't read books, you'll ruin the movie. I'm thinking they should put me in charge of education . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would be an excellent choice for Secretary of Education of Teenagers.

      Delete