Thursday, January 30, 2014

What I Watched -- American Hustle

In preparation for awards season, I have been busy watching a couple of the nominees.  The first candidate was American Hustle.  I had heard a lot of good things about it, but I have to say that I was disappointed.

Let me explain.  As an ensemble cast, everyone was great.  Especially Jennifer Lawrence, but really all of them were. And in fact, it won Best Ensemble Cast at the Screen Actors Guild Awards this year.

But nothing happened.  I was a little bored.

Bottom line: if you've gotten enough sleep to stay awake and you enjoy some 80s clothes, it'll keep you entertained.

1 comment:

  1. Whoa! You broke the mold! Most people say that they love this movie! I really liked it, but I think you're right. I liked it because each actor was great. I wanted to see where each one of them was going to go next, but there were times when I thought the plot slooooowwwweeedd down just a little too much.

    ReplyDelete