Sunday, January 19, 2014

Goal #3

Goal #3: get cleaned up enough to see about moving some furniture.

It's not a big deal, but I'm considering reorienting the big armchairs in my apartment.  The problem is this: they've sort of become the repository for all the stuff in my apartment that I'm not sure to do with right now.  That makes it hard to rearrange the furniture.

Recap of goal #2: turns out that, if you put just a minute of thought into it, it's actually really easy to appreciate something small every day.  Witness:

Sunday: sunshine.  It was miserably cold and grey and rainy all week.  Sunday was sunny, if somewhat windy.  Lovely day to be out.  Just ask T, who went for a walk around Creve Coeur Lake.

Monday: a comfortable bed.  Nothing like it at the end of a long day.

Tuesday: a good workout.  Or two.

Wednesday: optimism.  I don't always have it.  Some people do.  When I don't, their optimism can be annoying.  But still good.

Thursday: humor.

Friday: a good drink at the end of the work week, and an interesting person with whom to share it.

Saturday: the weekend.  Obviously.

1 comment: