Monday, January 13, 2014

What I'm Reading Now -- Hyperbole and a Half

As if I needed another book, K gave me the print version of Hyperbole and a Half for my birthday.  In what might not be the best use of my time, I started reading it.  I'd like everyone to note the subtitle: Unfortunate Situations, Flawed Coping Mechanisms, Mayhem, and Other Things that Happened.  Story of my life.

(For the record, I have lost track of how many books I am now in the middle of.  Certainly more than at any other time in my life.  Let's see, there's The Book Thief, Winter's Tale, Sugar in My Bowl, How to Stay Alive in the Woods, The Cellist of Sarajevo, Dracula, Defending the Damned, The Secret Battle, and I'm sure there are a bunch more that I'm forgetting.)

The nice thing about this one is that it's a quick read.  And since each "chapter" is one of Allie's blog posts adapted for print, reading this is a little bit like reading a book of short stories; you can dip in and read a few pages without having to make any major commitment.  I like that.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yay!! It got there! I love the subtitle too. It seems to capture so much of life's experience. When you're done, can I borrow it? :)

    ReplyDelete