Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Brothers of the Sun

So much goodness!

Let's back ourselves up to Day 2 in Denver.  T came out for a short weekend, and we went to see Tim McGraw and Kenny Chesney!  We spent a little bit of time walking around the city, so we missed both of the opening acts: Grace Potter and the Nocturnals and Jake Owen.  (C'mon, the concert started at 4:30!)  I actually did want to see Jake Owen (who looks a lot like Luke Wilson); I like a lot of his songs.  I don't know much (okay, any) Grace Potter aside from the duet of "You and Tequila" she does with Kenny, which I got to see her do, so...no love lost there I guess.  Jake Owen didn't come back out until the last song of the encore though.  A little bummed about that.

But everything else was fantastic!  I mean, really.  It's two of country music's biggest superstars performing together.  So...yeah.  Words don't really do.  The set list is here.  Pictures will tell you the rest:

Tim spent a lot of time out amongst the fans.

T is my photographer.  He even got a butt shot!


Well hello!


"...the things I've done for foolish pride,
The me that's never satisfied,
The face that's in the mirror,
When I don't like what I see,
I guess that's just the cowboy in me."

He practically kicked us in the head.

It was hard to get a good shot of Kenny because he just didn't stop moving!
Super high-energy show.

Kenny seemed to prefer the main stage.

Kenny with Grace Potter

Yes, that's him!



The whole crew: Tim, Grace, Kenny, and Jake Owen.

 Signing autographs after the show

Oh, what a night!

1 comment: