Thursday, July 12, 2012

North Carolina, Day 1

Why is it that, now that he is no longer a Cardinal, Albert Pujols is on my airplane? (Answer: the Angels are starting a three-game series at Yankee Stadium.)  We were flying into La Guardia and I'm pretty sure it's because Big Al was on my side of the plane that we got a pretty awesome tour of Manhattan.




And then, on my way from NYC to NC, I got this lovely, dreamy, pillowy view:

Doesn't that look like the nicest thing you've ever seen?

After two flights and a layover, there wasn't a whole lot of time left in the day, but Mom and I went to Saffron for dinner (we've been here before).  We did Indian food, tapas style: chicken, spring rolls (which were really more like egg rolls), veggie patties in sauce, fried fish bites, and pistachio ice cream.  I was going to look up the proper names for all this stuff, but alas their website is down!  Oh, but I do remember paratha.  We had that.




And after that, we got a few groceries, read things to expand our minds, pondered whether it was worth it to start a movie (decision: no), and headed off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment