Sunday, July 22, 2012

Denver, Day 2

Big deal of the day and the reason I'm in Denver: Brothers of the Sun!!  I will write about this in a separate post, because it deserves it.  T got some seriously awesome pictures, and it was phenomenal!

Prior to the big show, I spent the morning much as I did yesterday: coffee, breakfast, reading.  Dad and D headed off to a wedding just shortly before T got into town, so we did a little bit of wandering around and shopping, and had hamburgers at The Cherry Cricket.  Then off to the show.

A couple more thoughts on Denver.  First: a reprise - bathrooms.  Not as impressed with the public-ish restrooms I experienced in Denver as I was in North Carolina.  Twice I had to literally straddle the toilet in order to get the door closed (see Mom's comment posted today in response to my recent props to NC bathrooms).  When they (probably men) are designing those bathrooms, does it ever occur to them that someone has to actually fit inside a stall?  And be able to close the door?  It does not appear so.

Second, flowers. The flowers in Denver (and in Breck, for that matter) are AMAZING.  Like the flowers in Santa Fe last year.  They're everywhere, they're vibrant.  Heck, as far as I'm concerned, they're alive, which is more than I can say for anything at home.  I want to be good at keeping plants alive!  Alas, I am not.

No comments:

Post a Comment