Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Goal #29

Goal #29: read running book (or at least get a good start on it).

This is another crazy, crazy week for me (as you will note, I have been traveling and this post itself is two days late), so I needed a goal which could be accomplished while I am in a perpetual state of motion.

With that in mind, my goal is to start reading the Complete Book of Running.  I have an old version of this book, but for the basics (which I'm certain is all I'll get to this week - if that) I imagine not much has changed.

L asked me a few weeks ago if I would be interested in training for a half marathon with her.  I decided that my initial response (that I'd sooner die) might be a tad melodramatic, and while a half marathon may not be in my future (although who knows? Maybe it is), reading up on this business called running can't hurt.  Can it?

Recap of Goal #28: My goal of painting pretty much went away when I came home on my one paint-able night to find an espresso maker sitting on the counter with a note from T saying, "Learn how to use this <--.  I'll paint later."  Um, okay.

The sad truth is that I still haven't actually operated the espresso maker though.  I have a handful of owner's manuals I need to read, so maybe that'll crop back up on this list soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment