Sunday, July 15, 2012

North Carolina, Day 4

More sleep! More food!  Are we starting to detect a trend?

This morning E made a delicious "oatmeal bake" for breakfast, basically an oatmeal casserole with some fruit and nuts baked into it.  Sounds weird (I was skeptical), but it's good!

We passed the early afternoon making phone calls (really I just talked to T for a long time), and then with another trip to Southern Pines, this time to go to their adorable one-screen Sunrise Theater to see their one movie (more on that later - sheesh, I'm getting backed up!).  Too bad I won't be here until Wednesday, because Sunrise does a classic movie, and this week it's E.T.!

Another trend: ice cream!  After the movie, we ran a couple of errands in SP, then stopped at the appropriately-titled Ice Cream Parlor for our ritual afternoon snack.  I had a duo of Mackinac Island fudge and a totally amazing honey-cinnamon frozen yogurt.  Surprisingly delicious, and I must try to figure out how to make it.

E heated up some dinner for us, mostly new twists on leftovers from earlier in the weekend, then mom and I packed up and headed off, leaving E to prep for her work week.  We capped of our day with a rousing game of Scrabble, which I haven't played in so long it's pathetic.  It's amazing I remember any words at all.

Something to ponder: If you had a house that was worthy of a name, what would you name it?

No comments:

Post a Comment