Tuesday, July 31, 2012

How to Care for Introverts

E sent me this picture, which I think I've traced back to its original source:


Granted, I was already having a bad day when I read these, but I cried.  I cried.  The reason I'm having a bad day can be traced to violations of 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, and 12.

10 and 11 are constant problems.

I wish I were an extrovert.  I wouldn't have to fight this fight every day.

UPDATED 11:03PM:

I was at work tonight and one of my first customers asked for books on careers.  I helped him find the books and picked up a copy of Do What You Are: Discover the Perfect Career for You Through the Secrets of Your Personality Type, Revised and Updated, by Paul Tieger and Barbara Barron.  I flipped through it and found this:

"Essentially you can use your functions [extroversion or introversion] in either of two ways: in the outer world or in the inner world.  Extraverts [sic] use their dominant function in the outer world, with other people.  They use their auxiliary function in their inner world, when they are alone, or when the situation relates more personally to them.

For introverts, the opposite is true.  Introverts use their dominant function in their inner world (which is why you have to get to know Introverts before you can appreciate their greatest strengths).  They use their auxiliary function in the outer world (which places them at somewhat of a disadvantage, since what others see most is not their strongest function)."

Perhaps this partially explains why rules 10 and 11 can be so troubling.

No comments:

Post a Comment